Servicing Heavy Industries
Whilst we have local and wide-spread industry experience across heavy industry, what separates us is that we are also supported by a global organisation that provides access to innovative, best-practice technologies and project expertise.
Through our innovative approach to partnering, our team of Heavy Industry experts have the capability, experience and proven track record in delivering large-scale engineering and infrastructure projects including but not limited to; railways, dams, irrigation systems, harbour and river works, mining and metallurgy, manufacturing and processing, oil and gas projects, and water and gas supply systems.
Effectively delivering environmental solutions is more than simply the supply of transactional services, and we recognise that operating in the heavy industry sector presents many unique challenges which need to be addressed including:
- The increasing costs of doing business
- Commodity demand uncertainty
- Quality over quantity of projects
- Fighting for investment and competition from emerging markets
- Socially and environmentally responsible behaviour
- Skills shortages and flexible labour demands
- Improving safety culture and standardisation
- Implementing new technology
Plugging in Veolia's Heavy Industry Solutions to Your Industry
In order for profitability to remain, safety standards to be upheld and communities to be engaged, we aim to plug-in to your business to redress some of these challenges:
- Security of Supply We understand how important it is that your heavy industrial facilities run at full operational capacity; minimising delays and interruptions. Via effective, transparent planning and implementation, we ensures that materials such as coal, copper & gold, zinc, coal seam gas (CSG) and liquefied natural gas (LNG) are able to be extracted and processed as per you requirements; on time, on budget, without incident.
- Access to Flexible and Highly Skilled Labour Our national coverage and employee base of over 4000 employees gives you the flexibility required for your various mining, oil and gas and manufacturing projects, including remote and/or regional operations.
- Delivery of Technical Innovation Profitability is paramount for your business and with our access to world-leading technical innovation; we are uniquely placed to help your business increase efficiencies, reduce risks and increase safety performance.
- Access to Both Specialised and Bundled Service Capabilities We can provide solutions which bundle our specialised capabilities across water, waste, industrial cleaning and energy services; delivering economies of scale and a truly robust environmental competence.
- Delivering a social license to operate When operating our facilities, considering your organisations and the wider community’s, environmental, social and cultural needs is an essential part of our ability to operate. We aim to deliver a bespoke community engagement plan for all works; this plan is collaborative and considers a cross-jurisdictional approach so that local communities, governments, industry, and your workers are engaged and catered for, and impacts are minimised.
Veolia will soon launch its 2014 Reconciliation Action Plan. Veolia Environment Australia aims to walk alongside and work together in strong partnerships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to provide leadership, enhance respect and understanding, and create sustainable opportunities in the communities in which we live and operate.
Veolia believes in the importance of respecting and engaging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, and providing a work environment that is culturally safe, sensitive and supportive to all employees. We recognise the contributions that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have made and continue to make within our organisation and local communities. Aligning with our Diversity Policy, this policy outlines our commitment to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people’s inclusion in our current operations and partnerships into the future.