At Veolia we integrate the most advanced energy solutions, including district heating and cooling networks, multi-technical services, production of industrial utilities and even comprehensive building management.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Veolia’s energy services business employs over 390 dynamic staff, including 190 mobile technicians who provide solutions to our 2,900+ customers. With 14 locations nationally, we serve a vast range of customers across community, commercial, healthcare, education and industrial markets.
Plugging in Veolia's Energy Solutions
We can design, build, operate and maintain energy solutions that can decrease your overall consumption of energy, and reduce long-term utilities expenditure. Across our industrial and commercial energy markets, we offer a very unique range of services, including:
- Managing the Entire Energy Chain At Veolia we manage tens-of-thousands energy facilities worldwide and we are able to leverage our buying power to ensure you benefit from substantial economies of scale, replacing your frequently-fluctuating prices with favourable average tariffs, from the purchase of energy to operations and maintenance.
Our team of experts will then convert this energy into heat, cooling, compressed air and electricity at your site, managing and facilitating the distribution of these energy streams by enhancing facility efficiencies and deploying more effective technological solutions.
- An Energy Optimiser in the Field A key difference with Veolia is that rather than just focusing on centralised production and transport of gas or electricity, we manage local energy infrastructures, such as heating networks and decentralized power generation.
- District Energy As the global leader in district energy networks, we have the expertise in the design, construction, operation and maintenance of community energy production and distribution facilities. This is critical as district energy networks offer a solution that addresses both the growing need for cities to reduce their carbon footprint and the rising price of electricity.
- Industrial Utilities As a decentralised energy specialist, we are able to offer industrial organisations locally engineered solutions backed by global expertise for their industrial utilities. We leverage our network of local resources to deliver improved asset reliability and sustainable energy management solutions using biomass, co-generation, waste energy recovery, steam generation and compressed air technology, enhancing the competitiveness of your manufacturing facilities, while reducing both fossil fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Building Energy Services We offer a comprehensive approach to our building energy services incorporating building design and renovation, cutting-edge energy efficient technologies and interactive operating and maintenance solutions. As the licensed and authorised distributor of Trane heating, ventilation and air-conditioning solutions, and Trend Building Energy Management Systems, Veolia is uniquely positioned to offer a wide spectrum of innovative, smart building technologies for modern facilities.
Veolia Energy Customers can contact our customer service centre on 1800 325 542.
Key Expertise across Multiple Sectors
We apply our expertise daily in a number of fields at the intersection of major energy and environmental issues including:
Energy efficiency encompasses all methods and techniques that reduce energy consumption. It lowers energy costs, controls consumption and provides more efficient production tools. Energy efficiency is a leading focus of Australian ambitions to curb greenhouse gas emissions, since the federal government has set a target of reducing carbon emissions by 5% by 2020.
Energy efficiency is a core focus for us and a challenge that concerns all economic stakeholders, including industrial operators. At Veolia we provide cost-effective, eco-friendly energy efficiency services that include performance guarantees for our public and private sector customers around the world and locally here across Australia and New Zealand.
The International Energy Agency (IEA) has made the development of renewable energies a top priority, setting growth targets of 20% by 2020. The development of these renewable energies makes it possible to replace fossil fuels with "green energies," improving the energy and environmental efficiency of installations.
Renewable energies are a priority for us and we are introducing a growing amount of renewable energies - especially biomass but also landfill gas and solar energy - at all of the facilities we operate.
The environmental efficiency of a system or facility boils down to reducing its environmental impacts and everything Veolia does is to further that purpose. We improve the energy and environmental efficiency of the installations we operate through effective, innovative solutions and the deployment of more appropriate, greener technologies.
Cogeneration, the introduction of renewable energies such as biomass, the use of alternative fuels, optimised facility operation and the development of community infrastructure are all services that strongly contribute to environmental protection.
Throughout Australia and New Zealand Biomass is the most abundant renewable energy available. It consists mainly of wood not recycled by the forest industry, that is, the portion not usable as lumber, and industry by-products such as branches, damaged, unusable wood and prunings. Recycled wood and energy crops are another source.
A fossil fuel replacement, biomass sharply curtails carbon emissions and shelters users from the economic havoc of fluctuating oil and gas prices. Its carbon-neutral footprint and wide availability in various forms add to the virtues of this energy, which is strongly promoted by governments. At Veolia we are massively expanding the use of biomass, especially in heating networks and at industrial cogeneration facilities.
Comprehensive Building Management
Comprehensive building management includes any service that improves the energy and environmental performances of a building while optimising its operation. Examples include reducing energy consumption or heat losses and optimizing the operation of installations.
Multi-technical services apply to equipment that produces power, heat and cool air, electrical installations and an array of related services, including waste management, maintenance, record management, reception and security services. At Veolia we are uniquely positioned to provide all these services, cost-effectively bundled into one package, ensuring you know that your organisation can deliver on our complementary areas of expertise and quality of service.
Cogeneration is an especially efficient environmental solution. Indeed, for your industrial energy production system, CHP technology can simultaneously produce heat and power from the same facility, resulting in energy savings of 10% to 15%, while also reducing consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.